Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dazed and Confused

Unfortunately, as I struggle to find time to get all the reading and assignments completed, the material is (for me) becoming more difficult to fully understand.
In the current unit (9), it isn't the command-line tasks, but the modeling, normalization and ERD that are the problem this week. Basics of each area are fairly clear. The more complex ideas, like "concectivity" and "cardinality," how to follow the directionality of the ERD, the resolution of the many-to-many relatioship, concatenated primary keys.... I'm feeling rather lost.
I think that continued exposure to the material, review of the tutorials, and some hands-on experience with the practical use of the concepts will help clarify my understanding. At least, I hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment